GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon 100%
PROFILE: Juicy, rich, deep in color. Lots of raspberry and watermelon notes. Perfect for heartier cold climates, but also very juicy and great for the summer.
GRAPE GROWING: Grapes are grown biodynamically, and hand-harvested. The Cabernet and Syrah for these grapes come from the coldest parts of the hill. While these do face south and east, these are at the bottom of the hill and also often covered in shadow. The grapes are not necessarily harvested earlier, they just take a bit longer to ripen due to the aspect and elevation.
WINEMAKING:The majority of grapes (95%) are pressed after 10 hours of maceration. The rest (5%) is skin fermented for a short time in qvevri. The blend is the aged on lees for 4 months in stainless steel before being bottled.
MORE ABOUT THE WINE: " `Velue` is village's old name and my idea of a wine style what suites good here and what I like :-)"- Johannes Zillinger
Pairing: Watermelon Gazpacho, BBQ Turkey, Bouillabaisse, Fried Chicken, Green Bean Casserole Cuisines: American, Provencal